So first I want to wish you all a happy fathers day, sorry that I didn’t say anything about that last week. With all the wild changes and all. Speaking of whichThis week was very interesting. I mean my comp was elder Harding, he is from Spanish fork Utah, I know how far away from my house. Lol. But since I was in the other mission it was quite cool I would have to say since, different rules and different ways of doing things. It was cool just to get other ideas and all. But the hardship of this was that I had to learn the whole area in less then a week, since he is no longer here with me. My new comp is also an American I know how cool. He is elder nelson. He is from orem, Utah. What is up with all this missionaries from Utah, so glad I am not one of them lol. But we are going to have a lot of fun and success I think in our new area. So our new area is cool here in Mirador. There are a lot of less actives so I know I will be working with that here. And since we aren’t starting with a lot of investigators, we will be working with that also. But this area is really cool, I mean the investigators that we do have are actually really cool. And I mean I am in the city again so that is cool I am actually way close to my first area. So that is cool. Okay a funny experience that I had this week with Harding, was that while we were knocking doors on Sunday. We contacted an older lady, that was very funny she started to tell us her life story but really we didn’t have time to listen to her, so we left, also she didn’t have interest just liked to talk. So we started knocking the street again and she contacted us and kept talking to us. She talked and talked and talked. And during this whole time we got closer and closer. She had like a tractor beam pulling us in. I mean we started like five yards away we ended like one foot away. So again we told her we had to go. And my comp did the worst thing ever he knocked the next door and they weren’t home so she kept talking. I don’t think she ever stopped talking even when we went to the next door. But I mean the third time was to much Harding started to laugh and in doing so I started to laugh. The trip is this lady did not even break her stride in talking to us. But we told her we had to go and this time we started walking away, and man she was still talking to us till we were way down the street and have turned the corner. It was so funny. I thought you would enjoy that story.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Love ya all
Elder heffronHey
p.s.Sometimes I feel like I don’t write a lot, its not because I don’t care just I don’t have a lot of time. But just be happy that I write something. Since on Sunday we ate with the second counselor in the bishopric. And he was telling us about his mission, and the way he told him family that he wanted to go on a mission. Well the way his family found out was that he called them from the mtc, telling them that he was going on a mission. So just be happy that I write something lol.
Love ya
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment