Thursday, September 17, 2009

sept 14 ( just got it today in email)

Hello, all of you out there reading this. I hope you all had a great week. For me I know I did, lets see it has been storming here quite badly it is so cool. Like yesterday we were standing under, I would call it like a tarp, it was in front of a little business and we were standing under that, you know waiting it out. Since both me and my comp have been under the weather a little bit but don’t worry I am doing great. Lost my voice a little bit, but you know I am still talking lol. Oh yea back to the storm so across the street, the wind took down a tree, and I am not talking about those little ones, this tree had its roots under the sidewalk and it broke the side walk took down a light pole and some electric wires I know right how cool lol. But no worries didn’t get to wet. But almost did, since my comp pointed out twenty pesos were floating down the street, since the street was a river, yeah I almost went for it but my comp told me that would be stupid. Don’t feel to bad since I found fifty pesos on Saturday, so I am pretty stoked still lol.
Okay so on Thursday, we celebrated my one year here in Mexico, I know right how fast the time is going. I landed here on September 11, last year, but really didn’t want to celebrate it on that day and it actually works a lot better the night before. So we went over to the Sister Ana´s house don’t know if I have talked about her and her family. But lets just say the mom,(Sister Carmen) of Ana knows how to cook. So we went over there to celebrate my one year. We made muffins me and my companion. Thanks to my mom sending me muffin mix, simple enough for me to make, just add egg and water. I know easy right lol. But it was very sweet. We are teaching the daughters of Ana right now, Karina and Erica, so it is pretty tight, lets just say we go there a lot. And they always ask us if we would like to eat dinner. And you know it is bad to say no. lol.
So last Sunday, we had an investigator come to church who was a contact from me and Contreras from like two weeks before. And his name is Flavio. And we taught him this whole week and we baptized him on Sunday. How cool no. I mean he was way stoked to be able to be baptized he is only twenty nine years old, but he went through a lot of things in his life. So he was telling us how he wants to be the best member that he can be, I know that he will be able to help this ward a lot.
I hope you all have a great week
Love you all
Elder heffron
Photos of the weekFirst one is of my one year anniversary in Mexico(Karina, Ana, Carmen, Erica, Cardenas, and me)second is of the baptism of Flavio look at the smiles of Flavio and his sister. Third look at that tree, fourth, right when the sun came out. And fifth we played a game of soccer today in the morning and well we lost 15-13, but we did have a come back from being down by five. So I am pretty happy

No comments: